Online Roulette Rules – How to Play
With a good understanding of Roulette Rules anyone can play the game online successfully.The game is made up by two parts; the wheel and the table. The wheel is numbered 1 – 36 with a Green Zero “0” (European Roulette), or a “0” and double Zero “00” (American Roulette).
How to Play Online Roulette
Learning How to Play Casino Roulette is easy. The most important thing is to simply understand the various Online Roulette Betting Options;
The table layout indicates the various bets that can be placed. The large grid, called the “Box”, is numbered from 1 through to 36. These are arranged in 3 long columns with 12 rows and three numbers in a row e.g. “1, 2, 3”, “4, 5, 6”, “7, 8, 9”, up to the last row “34, 35, 36”. Betting on any number(s) in the Box is referred to as an “Inside Bet”. Below are the various Inside Bets, along with its French name;
- One Number / Straight Up / Straight Bet / En Plein: Chips are placed inside only one of the numbers in the box. The bet is that the ball will land in the slot with the matching number on the wheel.
- Two Numbers / Split Bet / Cheval: Chips are placed on the line between two numbers, covering two numbers at the same time. The bet is that the ball will land in a slot that matches one of the two numbers.
- Three Numbers / Street Bet / Transversale: Chips are placed on the line to the left of the Box that separates the Box from the Outside Bets, called the “Sideline”, on a specific street (row). E.g. “1, 2, 3”, “7, 8, 9”. This is betting that the ball will land on any of the 3 numbers in that Street.
- Four Numbers / Corner / Square / Quarter Bet / Carre: Chips are placed on the intersection of the lines between four adjacent spaces e.g. on the cross in the centre of “1, 2, 4, 5”, “17, 18, 20, 21” etc. The bet is that the ball will end up in one of the four matching slots.
- Line Bet – Five Numbers: The chips are placed on the intersection of the lines separating the 1, 2, 3 row and the 0 and 00 spaces. The bet is that the ball will end up in one of these five slots. American Roulette only.
- Line Bet – Six Numbers / Sixainne: Chips should be placed on the Sideline, but between two Streets so as to touch two streets simultaneously. This bet is that the ball will end up the in any of the 6 numbers of the 2 streets.
Outside of the Box, to the left and at the bottom, are more betting options. They involve betting on numbers that are grouped together;
- Column Bet (Twelve Numbers) / Colonne: The chips are placed in a box below a column marked “2 to 1”. This bet is that the ball will land on any number in that column.
- Dozens Bet (Twelve Numbers) / Douzaine: To the left of the Box, chips are placed in a space marked “1st 12″, “2nd 12″, or “3rd 12″. The bet is that the ball will end up on one of the 12 numbers relating to that bet.
- Red or Black / Rouge or Noir – (Eighteen Numbers): The chips are placed inside one of the spaces marked Red or Black. The bet is that the ball will end up on any number, either black or red.
- Low or High / Manque or Passe – (Eighteen Numbers): The chips are placed inside one of the spaces marked “1 to 18” or “19 to 36”. The bet is that the ball will end up any number under that specific bet.
- Odd or Even / Pair or Impair – (Eighteen Numbers): The chips are placed inside “Odd” or “Even”. The bet is that the ball will end up on either an odd or even number.Roulette is a social game and wherever the game is played it draws attention with bystanders cheering on in excitement.
These Online Roulette Rules will assist players with gaining confidence over the game. There is nothing mysterious about Casino Roulette and it is an easy game for everyone to enjoy.As we mentioned, the best Roulette Strategy is to know the bets and to learn how to back your bets up.
For more information also refer to the YourCasinoWorld.com Online Roulette Strategy Guide. In conjunction with our Roulette Rules players can expect a positive outcome from the game.